The compounding process provides the basis for the development of new plastic materials with advanced or enhanced properties. These properties can include mechanical, thermal, rheological, aesthetic and advanced characteristics.
At AIMPLAS, we provide materials with advanced properties, such as increased impact resistance, compatibilization of bioplastics (e.g. PLA, PBAT, PHB), improved fluidity, reduced odour in recycled plastics, electrical and thermal conductivity, antimicrobial resistance and fire resistance.
Our compounding solutions
AIMPLAS offers solutions for the development of new thermoplastic compounds and the improvement of existing compounds, adapting them to new company specifications and standards.
- Development of bioplastic formulations
- Development of thermoplastic nanocomposites
- 3D printing materials & filaments
- Electrically and thermally conductive plastics
- Development of customised masterbatches
- Wood Plastic Composites WPC
- Optimisation of PVC formulations
- Flame retardants for fire proof plastics
- New additives to improve plastics materials
- Plastics reinforced with natural fibres
- Reactive extrusion services
- Additives to improve the life cycle of plastics
Some of our developments
Glass and carbon fiber reinforced LFT compounds
Compounds with fibers and fillers of natural sources
Masterbatches y aditivaciones especiales
- Tailor-made compounds. Production of batches of compounds at pilot plant level.
- Study of fillers, nanomaterials, pigments and fibre dispersion.
- Optimization and adjustment of formulations.
- Incorporation of new additives and fillers in plastics.
- Compatibility of plastic materials.
- Simulation of the extrusion process in a co-rotating twin-screw extruder.
- Process improvement, production optimisation, screw design.
- Process audits.
- Upscaling from pilot plant to industrial extruder.
- Adaptation of compounds to new regulations.
PVC compounding and profile extrusion lines.
Clean room for health compounds development
Compounding line for bioplastics, recycled plastics, and REX.
Compound development at Labscale.
Long Fiber Thermoplastics (LFT) and continuous fiber pilot lines for development.
Nanomaterial special equipped compounding rooms.
Technical and high-performance plastic compounds.
- Co-rotating twin-screw extruders.
- Counter-rotating twin-screw extruder for extrusion of PVC and WPC profiles.
- Underwater strand pelletizer.
- Gravimetric dosing of powders and liquids.
- Turbo-mixers for PVC.
We adapt the compounding process to the needs of your sector while taking materials, standards, regulations and sustainability into account.
We have more than 30 years of experience in the development of commodities, bioplastics, technical and high-performance plastics, and the most suitable additives, fillers and reinforcements.
We provide support during process and production optimizations, commissioning of equipment, process audits and the industrialization of compounds.