ASEFAPI Reference Laboratory
The Spanish Association of Paint and Printing Ink Manufacturers recognizes AIMPLAS as a reference laboratory.
Once again, this year, AIMPLAS has been recognized by ASEFAPI, the Spanish Association of Manufacturers of Paints and Printing Inks, as a reference laboratory for its members, as published in its Guide to Testing and Reference Laboratories.
As a result, we carry out a wide range of tests on paints and coatings, including colour measurement in accordance with standard UNE-EN ISO 18314-1. AIMPLAS is the only centre in Spain accredited by ENAC for this standard.
This Guide is distributed by ASEFAPI to its associates and collaborators with the aim of providing a reference text of the most characteristic tests on each product in the paints, coatings and printing inks sector.
- Measurement of layer thicknesses
- Hardness, scratching and abrasion
- Determination of wet-scrub resistance and cleanability of coatings
- Resistance to stone and gravel impact
- Surface tension and contact angle
- Coefficient of friction (static and dynamic)
- Measurement of surface roughness
- Climatic tests (temperature, humidity and IR radiation)
- Artificially accelerated ageing (xenon and UV)
- Chemical resistance
- Stain resistance
- Food contact legislation: global and specific migration
- Fire behaviour (UL 94 flammability, cone calorimetry, determining the oxygen index and horizontal flammability)
- Emission tests on painted vehicle interior parts in a 1 m3 emission chamber: VOCs, aldehydes, ketones and odour
- Analysis of surface defects using scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Coating composition analysis (FTIR, DSC, chromatography)
- Conductive properties (surface resistivity, CTI, glow wire and thermal conductivity)