We help you design products that minimize their environmental impact at all stages while promoting sustainability and ecological responsibility.
Ecodesign consists of integrating environmental criteria into product design to reduce the environmental impact of its life cycle.
It is currently a key tool when applying circular economy principles in companies as it has proved that a product developed with ecodesign criteria can reduce its environmental impact by up to 80%.
The main benefits of ecodesign for your company’s products are:
- Reduced environmental impact.
- Enhanced product quality as a result of in-depth analysis (increased durability, repair options, etc.).
- Lower company costs by identifying inefficient processes, reducing resource consumption, adding value to products, etc.
- Improved product and corporate image and catering for customer and user demands.
- Access to new markets and consumers who have greater environmental demands (related to green public and/or private procurement).
Improved market position compared to competitors.
- Greater innovative thinking within the company, with a move towards new product methodologies.
- Creation of a new interdisciplinary working culture.
How can we help with Ecodesign?
AIMPLAS’ experts in Ecodesign help companies to apply this methodology as follows:
- We create a small multidisciplinary working team with the company that has decision-making powers.
- We select the product. The product must be suitable for a change in design and must meet the ecodesign opportunity factors established by the company.
- We perform an environmental analysis of the product. Once the product to be designed or redesigned has been selected, its environmental profile and aspects must be identified and assessed. A decision must also be made as to which products can be worked with.
- We generate ideas to enhance its environmental aspects and assess to what extent the product would improve with the application of these ideas in terms of technical and economic feasibility, environmental benefits, and over time (short, medium and long term).
- We develop the chosen concept. In this phase, the product and its new requirements are defined, thus obtaining the final product outline.