To implement an eco‑innovative and integral bulky waste management system and demonstrate its effectiveness in different EU regions: Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, Eastern and South‑eastern Europe.
URBANREC’s specific goals:
1. Logistics, implementing collection, recovery and reuse.
2. Separation and disassembly of bulky waste. Implementing advanced techniques such as fragmentation (3D cut).
3. Obtaining high quality raw materials, i.e. metal, plastics, wood, textiles, foam, etc.
4. Promoting innovative recovery routes for the most problematic types of bulky waste.
5. Evaluation and assessment of the current situation in the four selected areas and the definition of educational programmes.
6. Using the obtained results to propose recommendations for draft European legislation on bulky waste management.
5 research centres and 16 companies
Do you want more information about URBANREC project?
Complete the following fields.