- Functionality troubleshooting in container manufacturing and its final application
- Odour troubleshooting in plastic containers
- Compliance with the legislation applied to containers (contact with food, waste management, good manufacturing practices, labelling, pharmacopoeia…)
- Comprehensive studies
- Study and development of new materials
- Study and development of new container technologies
- Technical expert reports
- Sustainability of plastic containers
- Compostability studies
- Recyclability of products
- Life-cycle analysis: carbon footprint
- Recycled material in contact with food
- Design and prototypes of containers
- Advanced design in 3D of new containers (CAD)
- Rapid prototyping
- Simulation of mechanical stresses according to the Finite Element Analysis
- Selection of materials to optimise packages
We focus on the development of a more economic, more environmentally friendly and safer packaging
- Replacement of materials to improve their properties
- Food safety:
- Development of analytical methods, control studies and minimisation of migration of substances
- Functional barriers
- Development and optimisation of multilayer structures
- Active and intelligent packages
- Sustainability in plastic containers:
- Biodegradable materials
- Valorisation of waste materials
- Development of systems for natural coating
Among the most important analyses and testing, carried out in our Packaging Laboratory, are:
- Identification and characterisation of plastic containers
- Selection of parameters and elaboration of product´s technical data sheet
- Thermal, physical, mechanical, optical properties and barrier properties
- Certification and standardisation of the product: flexible film, bags, bottles, labels, etc.
- Testing to verify the compliance with legislation: Food Contact plastic materials, pharmacopoeia, etc.
- Interaction between product and package: permeability, migration, compatibility, organoleptic effects...
- Shelf life studies.
We can perform in our Packaging Laboratory any analysis or testing related with plastic packages. Do not hesitate to contact us.
- Flexible package: Film, bags, sleeves, etc.
- Rigid package: Bottles, preforms, tray, blisters, tubes...
- Closures, dosing pumps and caps.
- Boxes and nets.
- Disposable and reusable household.
The website of Plastic Packaging offers you useful and updated information of your business sector:
- Supervision service in legislation, standards and quality
- Technological offer and demand
- Raw material prices
- Technological supervision newsletters
- Questions to expert
- Sheets and Models
- Alerts of interest