The University Expert on Plastic Recycling postgraduate course is a university-accredited qualification of the Universitat de València created to respond to new market needs.
The European Union is sponsoring the transition towards the circular economy that promotes global competitiveness, sustainable economic growth and job creation. In this context, recycling has become a key industry for both the environment and industry.
Companies must adapt to the industry’s constant changes and growing environmental and quality requirements. The goal of the course is to train students to become specialists who are fully prepared to work in the recycling industry and face the challenges and opportunities it has to offer.
Date and timetable
3 March 2022 to 14 July 2022.
Pre-enrolment deadline: 10 February 2022.
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Plastics Technology Centre
Gustave Eiffel 4 – Parque Tecnológico – Paterna
Training provided in Spanish
Internships at companies and access to AIMPLAS job listings
AND PLASTIC WASTE
1. Plastic Materials, Sectors and Characteristics.
2. Plastic Waste.
3. Introduction to Waste Recovery: Hierarchy.
4. Standards and Regulations.
5. Industries of Application and Specifications.
6. Labels and Certifications.
7. Company Visits:
· Waste Sorting Centre
· Shredder plant.
1. Introduction to Mechanical Recycling.
2. Waste Pretreatment.
3. Separation Techniques.
4. Pelletization and Compounding.
5. Characterization of Recycled Materials.
6. Introduction to Ecodesign.
7. Laboratory Practicals.
8. Company Visits:
· Mechanical Recycling Plant
1. Concepts of Chemical Recycling.
3. Physical-Chemical Recycling.
4. Thermal Cracking.
5. Biological Cracking.
6. Standards and Regulations.
7. Laboratory Practicals:
· Thermal Cracking
· Biological Cracking
8. Company Visits:
· Chemical Recycling Plant
At AIMPLAS, we are committed to the labor insertion of our students. That’s why the master’s degree requires you to spend 900 hours on an internship at a company.
Once you have completed the master’s degree, your details will be entered in the AIMPLAS Job Offers platform, which specializes in the plastics industry. You may also include your profile on our talent website.